Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Don't Stop Thinkin' About Tomorrow

Originally done by Fleetwood Mac in the 1980's, it was the first song I heard Rick K perform 5 years ago in Knoebels. It was at a time when I was "almost" healed from my badly broken heart. Yeah, it took THAT long for my heart to heal after my last heartbreak. I remember that particular summer, I kept praying and asking God to heal my heart completely. Looking back, I feel there was a "hidden message" in that song that afternoon. Think about it-"yesterday's gone......." Indeed, "yesterday" was most certainly gone. As I sit here this evening thinking about how my plans changed so quickly, I have to keep telling myself, "don't stop thinking about tomorrow"! Yesterday is gone, and while I have some control over this situation, I know God is ultimately in control. I know what I need to do in order to achieve my goal, and in the meantime, I am going to keep my head up and keep a positive attitude over this situation. We all have the ability to choose our attitude over the situations we encounter in life. I have to keep telling myself, I did not fail. I made it into the National Honor Society last year, and I've kept that status since. A's & B's dominated my transcript. I have things to be proud of despite everything I went through. Someone told me not too long ago, I have endured some of the top stressors in life-moving to another state, starting a new career, starting a new school, and having had cancer. I've managed to survive it all, and I became a stronger and better person through it all. Perhaps God saw I was becoming too stressed with this crazy-busy life I lead and decided He needed to give me a break for a little while. I am keeping my hope and faith that He has something AMAZING in store for me!!! I won't stop thinking about tomorrow because yesterday IS gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment