Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Sunshine After the Rain

As I sit here in my recliner looking out the window, I can see the sun trying to peak through the clouds. There are still raindrops on the window from the massive storm earlier. These images take me back to my most recent Facebook status. "We all have to take a turn under the black cloud and keep in mind that there is sunshine after the rain." How true! We are all going to have bad days. There are times in our lives when we may feel that it seems as though those bad days will never end. I feel it's OK to cry and let it all out, and then pick ourselves up again. I can't complain about my life. I have it good where I'm at. I have an awesome son who is healthy, intelligent, and extremely talented. I have a career I love despite the craziness that comes along with it. I am coming up on one year cancer-free this week. I have things to look forward to this month. I'm getting ready to participate in one of the biggest events in breast cancer research. Life will never be perfect. Not everyone is going to like us. There are going to be people who no matter how kind you are to them, they just won't be as kind to you as you are to them. We're going to get a flat tire at least once in our lives. Things like this happen to everyone. Is it frustrating? YES. Will it last forever? NO. We are told to praise God in times of trouble. Some may ask why should we do this? We have to look at our inconveniences as blessings in disguise. God may use these inconveniences to protect us from something worse. I have to admit, having wrote my feelings down, I feel better. God will take care of me. I am very blessed despite those horrible days at work and the little inconveniences.

No comments:

Post a Comment