Tuesday, July 26, 2011

HELLO 170s!!! IT'S BEEN 3 YEARS SINCE WE'VE SEEN EACH OTHER!!!!

After yet another 4-day stretch, I got back out on Tuesday and got in a little walk/run. I actually ran from the side of Mountaineer Field that the students enter in on all the way back home. Thanks to a friend at work who suggested I jog with my arms down lower than my heart, I actually didn't get as short of breath as I usually do. Not that I DIDN'T get short of breath-it was just easier. Tuesday night, I headed to Zumba as usual, where my instructor had me up front with her for not just one, but 2 songs!! I really think God is trying to tell me something. I should just dish out the $250 it costs to become certified and do it!!! After all, exercising is something that has become part of my life now, and I don't want to stop.

Wednesday was a busy day at work. I came home, sat down on the recliner, and said to myself, "OK-just a little rest and then it's out for a run". That "little rest" turned into a one-hour nap! :( When I woke up and realized there was no going out for a run, I told myself that no matter what the scale said at WWs this week, I would have to just accept it!! "IT IS WHAT IT IS" after all!!

This morning was my annual appt w/the oncologist for blood work and a check-up. All my blood work came back WNL and I was given a clean bill of health. PRAISE GOD!!! While I do go through periods where I feel guilty that my cancer was caught early and I'm doing well while there are others out there who are battling the disease through chemo & radiation, I have to tell myself that God has a plan for all of us. I do all I can do be an advocate for this disease. And, I'm doing all I can to get healthier so I can continue to fight for a cure!

With that being said, I went to WWs this AM in between getting my blood drawn and seeing the oncologist. I hit a milestone today, and I said GOOD-BYE to the 180s and HELLO to the 170s for the first time in 3 YEARS!!!!!! 179.5 was my weight this week!! I'm down 37lbs in 19 weeks!!! I am just a short 3lbs away from being 1/2 way to my goal!! I mentioned before that I'm hoping to get there by August 7th. I have 10 days. Whether I get there or not-we'll see!! Even if I'm just a pound shy of it, I can still celebrate the 170s and celebrate LIFE!!!! I give God the Glory for the strength and determination He has instilled in me to continue to work hard to achieve this goal!!

No comments:

Post a Comment