Monday, June 28, 2010

Welcome to my Blogger!!

I love to write and I came across this Blogger tool a few times. So, I decided to give it a whirl. Most people already know a lot about me, so I won't bore anyone with details about me. I'm sitting here trying to stay awake as long as I can. Having volunteered for overtime on nightshift tomorrow night, I need to get as much sleep as I can today. Last week, I discovered a new walking trail which I found to be so pretty. I was city-born and raised, but even growing up, I always wanted to live in the country. I've been living in West Virginia for almost 2 years now, and I've come to discover I'm truly a down-home country girl at heart. Every time I walk on one of the beautiful trails down here, I take in the beauty of God's creation, and I think about how blessed I am. A lot of thoughts go through my mind as I walk. I have a lot of things to look forward to in the next few months. Visits with family and friends; fundraisers for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure; and walking in the 3-Day event in October. I'm very excited to be part of such an awesome event. It's always bittersweet to participate in events to help raise money for certain causes. However, when what you are raising money for and getting in shape for is something you've experienced first-hand, it takes on a whole new meaning. I have to admit, pink was never one of my favorite colors. In the last year, it has made its way into my wardrobe among all of the WVU gold and blue! When I get to Washington DC in October, and I see the sea of pink among all of the 3-Day participants and crew members, all of the hard work between training and raising money will all be worth it! I'm going to close this first post now. Talk to ya'll later!

No comments:

Post a Comment