Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thoughts From the Trail....

Preparing to walk 60 miles in 3 days is not easy. It will all be worth it in the end, though. I'm really enjoying the training process. In my previous blog, I mentioned how I enjoy walking on different trails. Tonight, I ventured down to the Mon River Trail. Like most trails, it's peaceful. I saw Bambi and her crew looking down on me when I looked up at the trees as I was walking. I was never that close to deer, and I will admit, I was a little nervous! LOL! I took and uploaded what I thought were some pretty scenery shots. When you grow up in the city, scenery is just that-scenery. I never really thought twice about it. Probably because I wasn't around it too often. When I look at the pictures I took, I'm amazed at the beauty created by God's very own hands. Every tree, every flower, every piece of foliage is different. The same way each one of us is different. God has given us all different gifts and talents. We all contribute to the world in different ways. As I walked along the trail, I thought about how each day when I wake up, I ask God to show me how I can be a blessing to someone else. Blessings don't have to be big. I believe it's the little things we can do for others that really count. If I leave this world only having touched 1 life, that is all that matters. Until next time............

No comments:

Post a Comment